Context et Objectives
The Master E2SD is a degree co-authorized by the University Lille 1, Arts et Métiers ParisTech Lille Centre and Ecole Centrale of Lille. Moreover, the master E2SD offers a double degree with Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT-China).
It allows acquiring a specialization in electrical engineering applied to environmental problems. It concentrates on the preparation of a PhD in the areas of power conversion, design of electromechanical actuators with high performance, sustainable transport, integration of renewable energy sources in the grid…
The aim of the Master E2SD is to train students in advanced methods of design and control of electrical systems to increase the contribution of renewable energies in the generation of electricity and as sources for transport, to improve the performance and the energy efficiency of electrical systems in order to move towards a more rational use of natural resources and to greater respect of environmental heritage.
The M2 E2SD is more dedicated for PhD continuation, but industrial jobs are not excluded as output.
- Electric energy management: production and development of the functions of storage and transport,
- More electric transportation systems: cleaner, quieter and more energy efficient,
- New energy resources: wind, solar photovoltaic, fuel cells,
- Impact of the integration of distributed generation in power systems, power electronics to connect new sources of energy production to the network.
- Having completed the first year of the Master ASE mention of University Lille 1 or the first year of a Master which provides equivalent training,
- Having completed the contest Aggregation Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics,
- Being in the third year of an engineering school which provides training in the field of Electric Power, or having graduated from such school,
- Hold a foreign degree in the field of Electric Energy, and have applied for validation studies.
You could complete and send the application form 2018/2019 (https://ecandidat.univ-lille.fr/)
The employments concerned, after the PhD, are those relative to research in public and private industrial groups and Higher Education:
- Associate professor (Universities, Engineering Schools),
- Researcher in public laboratories (CNRS, IFSTTAR, etc…) or industrial laboratories (EDF, etc.),
- Frame / Project Manager in large groups, SMEs / SMIs (Siemens, Alstom, Valeo, etc.) and public structures (Region).
From September to January, the first semester is devoted to theoretical training in disciplines related to the design, analysis and control of electrical energy. It includes courses, exercises, practical works and projects. Scientific project is supplemented by 50 hours of English / communication. The second semester includes an optional unit, a specific unit on sustainable development applications and an induction training into a research laboratory or private companies.
Semester S3 and S4
E/C « English / Communication »
ECED « Electromagnetic conversion and Eco-design» (To Learn main skills on Modelling of Energetic Systems and on Concepts of Eco-Design)
EC « Energy Conversion » (To learn main skills for expertise on Conversion and Management of Electrical Energy)
BRP « Bibliographic Research Project » (To get skills for search in bibliographic database and referencing of scientific documents)
SP « Scientific Project » (Practice of Project Management Tools)
PRE « Electrical Systems for Production by Renewable Energies» (Study of integration of Renewable energies in electrical system)
SDA « Sustainable Development Applications» (Explore the new trends in technological fields of electric energy for sustainable development by lectures from foreign professors)
FTS « Electrical devices for Future Transportation systems» (study and analyse of new electrical drives applied to transport with high energy efficiency and fault tolerance)
Training (work under one scientist supervision on an innovative topic, presentation of the results through a written report and oral defense)
Advantages of training
The research training of Master E2SD is provided primarily by faculty members of L2EP: Laboratory of Electrotechnics and Power Electronics of Lille. The laboratory is a L2EP spread over 4 institutions:
• University Lille1,
• Ecole Centrale de Lille (Lille EC),
• Arts et Métiers ParisTech Lille center,
• Ecole des Hautes Etudes d'Ingénieurs de Lille (HEI)
The L2EP is also part of poles of excellence and research clusters and networks such as "Medea" (Management of Energy in Electrical Drives) and "MEGEVH" (Modeling energy and power management of hybrid and electric vehicles), in partnership with Alstom, EDF Schneider, Valeo, Siemens, Safran,... Studies and Research departments can accommodate students for introductory courses in research.
The master involves foreign professors (about 10 per year) in order to present worldwide innovative developments in the field. The master is taught in English, that attracts high-level foreign students and prepares students to be involved in international projects in their future jobs
- energetic Macroscopic Representation (EMR),
- multi criteria and systemic optimization,
- 2D – 3D numerical modelling,
- inversion based control methodology,
- energy-based supervision.
Examples of Recent Interships
- electric machine design for wave energy conversion,
- eco-design of a railway electrical propulsion system,
- hybrid storage for a photovoltaic application,
- multi criteria optimization of a wind turbine,
- energy management of a CVT-based hybrid electric vehicle,
- new electrical grid for more electric aircraft.
Responsible: Abdelmounain TOUNZI
Pedagogical secretariat: Virginie GRARD
Université de Lille 1– Bât. P2
59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq